Monday, April 2, 2012

3D FPS Game Practice

After a couple attempts on 3D modeling the Viral game, I simply failed. I can't just get right the perspective of 3D coding, I don't get it. And I don't think it is healthy for the game to experiment on it, perhaps, I could make experiments on blank projects, learning from the internet (my first and favorite teacher) and practicing from scratch.


After a few time of work, I managed to make this 3D FPS test. The point wasn't to practice FPS mechanics but 3D modeling itself. This is what I got:


It's not much, but it was enough to learn how to model crates and manipulate the "X", "Y" and the "Z" axis's.

Give it a try, it is a parkour FPS. Reaching the end is a challenge, but not impossible ;)

Controls:
  • WASD: Movement
  • SPACEBAR: Jump
  • SHIFT: Sprint
  • CTRL: Crouch (useless but... meh)

Thanks for your time.


2 comments: